Saturday, March 20, 2010

Armanenschaft - Psychedelic Winter

Surprised this ain't here. Armanenschaft's a Finnish three-piece featuring Albert Witchfinder, who is best known for Reverend Bizarre. If you know Reverend Bizarre, it's pretty interesting, as Armanenschaft plays purposefully raw as hell black metal in the vein of Ildjarn and Akitsa.

This was very hard to come by for awhile, and might still be. Before I ever heard it I couldn't wait to buy it and listen. I stumbled upon an mp3 awhile ago and was very disappointed. Similarly, Hell's Headbangers found this and was selling it for something crazy like 30 bucks. Some months passed, it laid untouched and went down to 17 bucks. The shift in price mimics my feeling, as well as others i'm sure who were excited to hear the modern doom kings Reverend Bizarre had a member doing a super raw black metal band. I'm not saying it's bad, but this kinda purposeful super raw black metal that's basically a tribute to Ildjarn gets old fast with me.

Regardless, an interesting listen and some good stuff (especially the last track which happens to also have the best production).

2008-Psychedelic Winter


Link borrowed from here. my connection at my parents won't let me upload a thing.
-F

2 comments:

r721 March 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

His Opium Warlords band is awesome too.

Vomit of the Earth April 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

The album cover is like nothing
Must be some worthy stuffs

Previous Next Home
Disclaimer:

"As creator of this Blog, I must state that none of the links featured on this site contain albums that i have uploaded myself. All of the uploads shown on this Blog have been found on various sharing sites and networks, all available to the public. I am simply allowing those who do not have the resources the ability to sample and maybe enjoy music that would otherwise go unheard. Support your favorite artists and don't let the record industry die. Thank you."



If you want a link removed please use this email:

belowthefog666[at]gmail[dot]com



If you want your release to be featured on the site, please go here.



Password for older posts is: Attila

Archive

Members

Attila (Founder)
Khaos[] (Admin)
Last Sun's Light
Flesh Monolith
brendo333
Jaxel
Varg